THE ALL AMERICAN STRAIGHT EGYPTIAN CHALLENGE CUP
Member Awards Program
The Pyramid Society’s All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Member Awards Program is held in conjunction with existing two and three year old breeding in-hand classes held at designated open competitions throughout the United States. Winning horses that meet the program’s qualifications will receive the Challenge Cup awards, and will then be eligible to advance to the Challenge Cup Championships at the Egyptian Event in Lexington, Kentucky.
Although the preliminary classes are open to all Straight Egyptian two and three year old horses, these special member awards will be awarded to qualifying Pyramid Society member owned horses.
There will be no additional entry fee for enrollment in this program.
2019 CHALLENGE CUP QUALIFYING SHOWS:
September 27 2018, Scottsdale, AZ
Ph: (480) 515-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Classes 16 and 17 Junior Champion Straight Egyptian Fillies and Colts
Friday, February 15th
Classes 1041, 1042, 1043 and 1044
Scottsdale International Arabian Breeders Classic Straight Egyptian 2 and 3 Year Olds
Contact: Taryl O’Shea, Ph: (480) 515-1500. email@example.com.
April 26-28, 2019, Sedalia, MO
Classes 63 and 64
Pyramid Society All American Straight Egyptian Challeng Cup 2 and 3 Year Olds
Contact: Ruth Charpie, Show Secretary, Ph: (816) 668-4447. firstname.lastname@example.org
May 3-5, 2019, Fort Worth, Texas
May 6-9, 2019. Perry, GA
Sponsored by Region XII Arabian Horse Association
Aug 1-4, 2019, Lexington, VA
Sponsored by the Pennsylvania Arabian Horse Association
Contact: Cricket Gates, Club Treasurer.
August 2-4, 2019, Jefferson, WI
Manager: Tony Reid (314) 719-6447
2019 Challenge Cup Championship
Egyptian Event, Lexington, KY, August 28-August 31
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS AND AWARDS:
- 1. Horses must be Pyramid Society Straight Egyptian two or three-year-olds at the time of competition.*
- 2. Horses eligible for The Pyramid Society All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Member Award Program must be bred by a North American breeder with a North American address (US, Canada, Mexico) as recorded on the AHA registration certificate.
- 3. Pyramid Society membership is a requirement of eligibility for receipt of Member Awards in the All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Member Awards Program.
- A.Supporting membership acceptable for local, Regional/Class A shows, East Coast Championships.
- B.Premium membership is required for participation in the All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships held at The Egyptian Event in Lexington, KY.
- 4. A Straight Egyptian Certificate will be sent to horses who qualify for eligibility in the All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships in Lexington, Kentucky.
- 5. Horses competing in the All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships will be judged using the comparative system and according to The Pyramid Society Standard of Excellence.
- 6. The Pyramid Society Humane Standup rules shall be used and enforced in All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships, and strongly encouraged at all qualifying shows.
- 7. The USEF rules concerning balding/excessive grease/grooming will be enforced at the All American Challenge Cup Championships.
- 8. In the All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships, emphasis will be on a Humane Standup and Natural Grooming, in accordance with The Pyramid Society’s policy to showcase horses in a manner which lets their natural beauty, intelligence and charisma take center stage.
- 9. For 2019 ANY entry that is shown and judged in approved qualifying classes, and meeting all eligibility requirements as stipulated herein, will be eligible to compete at the All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships in Lexington, KY. For a current list of approved qualifying classes at Local/Regional/Class A shows please contact The Pyramid Society at email@example.com.
- 10. For the All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships in 2019 and after, the criteria for Top 5 and higher qualification will apply as follows: Awards in the Qualifying Classes will be: Champion, Reserve Champion and Top 5 neck sashes. The Top 5 will be awarded as follows: if fewer than 10 horses in the class: If an odd number of entries, 50% of the entries will be awarded, and rounded UP. (i.e. 50% of 9 entries = 4.5 - rounded up is 5 horses). 5 Horses to be awarded a Champion, Reserve Champion and 3 Top 5 awards. If there are an even number of entries, 50% of entries will be awarded. (i.e. 50% of 6 entries = 3 horses, to be awarded a Champion, Reserve Champion and one Top Five Award)
- 11. Qualification will span a two calendar year period for 2-year-olds. Age, however, at the time of Championship competition will determine eligibility to show in the Championships. (i.e. a two-year-old would be eligible to compete the following year as a three-year-old; the three-year-old would not be eligible to compete as a four-year-old)
- 12. The All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships will be judged comparatively and award a Champion, Reserve Champion and Top Ten sashes. Prize money will be awarded to the Top 5 winners.
Thank you to Nancy Gates of Heirloom Halters for the donation of a handmade halter and breastcollar to the 2019 All American Challenge Cup Champion Filly and Colt, to be presented at the Egyptian Event!
*The All American Straight Egyptian Challenge Cup Championships at the Egyptian Event are for qualified two and three year old colts and fillies. While the majority of qualifying shows will be held during the same year as the championships, if a qualifying show, such as the Arabian National Breeders finals, is held after that year’s Challenge Cup Championships, but before the next calendar year, the qualifying classes at that show will be for one and two-year old colts and fillies. Those qualifiers will then be two and three years old during the calendar year of the championships for which they are eligible to compete.
SPONSORSHIPS & AMENITIES:
Sponsorships are available at a variety of levels providing wide-spread visibility throughout the year.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CHALLENGE CUP PARTICIPATION
AND SPONSORSHIPS, PLEASE CONTACT:
The Pyramid Society, Ph: (859) 231-0771, firstname.lastname@example.org